How to create an email alias:
- Enter TU Portal
- On the left side click "Cherry and White Update"
- Update your Entry
- Create an alias email such as: "FirstName.LastName@temple.edu" or "FirstNameLastName@temple.edu"
- If the alias has already been taken, add a number at the end: "FirstName.LastNameemail@example.com"
change forwarding email
By changing this, emails will no longer show as the "TU Email" (ie. tuf#####)
In the Temple Mail Account:
- TUMail > Tools > Settings > Accounts
- Under "Send Mail as" click "Add another email you own"
- Enter the desired alias email
An email signature is a small addition that adds a touch of professionalism. Do not make it too lengthy or detailed.Include some information such as:
- Intended graduation date
- Position in an SPO/ Current Job Position
- Phone number
To update or create a signature, go to the "Settings" tab located in the top right hand corner of the Gmail page.